Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 5 - Wednesday, June 4, 2008


Day 5:
Jacksonville, Florida to Marianna, Florida
Be sure to check out my photo albums on Facebook.


Today we left Jacksonville, Florida to hit the open road to the great American West. However, we couldn't leave until the little human got out of school. After that, the humans lingered over lunch and good-byes, so again we got a late start. It was literally 93 degrees (Bearenheit!) in the shade, and I was locked up in the car like a piece of luggage, with not even the sunroof cracked! I think this may constitute cruel and unusual punishment, but they've confiscated my cell phone and I couldn't contact the ASPCSA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Stuffed Animals).


Anyway, we finally left in the late afternoon and drove west on I-10 a mere 250 miles to Marianna, Florida. There we stayed in a Microtel motel which the little human was very excited about. There was a padded bench seat by the bay window that she slept on. She let me join her. That was kind of cute.


For the evening's entertainment, I serenaded everyone with Sagette songs (while accompanying myself on guitar). That's me in the photo jammin' and improvising.


After the little human went to bed one of the big humans studied the map -- apparently for the first time -- and began to realize how long the trip was going to be. The oldest human lauged at her. Apparantly the archeologist doesn't take to the heat very well, so everyone agreed that a 30-day roadtrip to the Southwest in the summer was a brilliant idea! (This is what the humans call "sarcasm.")


Really, some of these humans should not be allowed to run the planet -- or even a 4-door sedan!

No comments: