Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day 1 On the Road - Saturday, May 31, 2008


Day One:
Albany, New York t0 Waldorf, Maryland
Be sure to check out my photo albums on Facebook.

Well, I, Jackie Bear, was up and ready to go by 9:00 AM. But the humans were very slow to get around and get started, so we didn't leave until the late, late afternoon! (They would never make it as bears -- it's the early bear who gets the honey.)

We drove from Albany, NY down I-87 to New Jersey where we picked up I-95 South to Florida. Around Baltimore, the humans decided to take a "scenic" bypass around Washington, DC, but they ended up getting lost. Eventually, after driving around in circles in Baltimore, they took I-97 south to Rt. 3 to Rt. 301. We stopped in Waldorf, MD (be sure to have the salad there!) for the night so that we could see scenic 301 in the daylight.

Frankly, it wasn't much of an exciting day for a bear, but I have hope that things will perk up along the way.

No comments: